Fall Wrap-Up: 2017December 20, 2017
Before we say hello to the Winter season, let’s Fall back to some of our great blog posts on LIFE+!
Fall 2017 was filled with great blogs authored by our very own physical therapists. These blogs were created with you in mind, in order to help you live your best life!
Here’s a recap of our favorite Fall 2017 moments!
Skip to your favorite category here:
Injuries prevent us from doing what we love. Therefore, it’s important to stay pain-free during the many activities we partake in for the holiday season!
Luckily, Faith Crary, PT, DPT, Patrick Lewis, PT, DPT, and Christy Loo, PT, DPT shared some great injury prevention tips that will help you get through the holidays—whether it be dancing with loved ones, playing sports, or simply being at work!
- Faith Crary, PT, DPT showed us how to prevent leg and ankle injuries while dancing.
- Patrick Lewis, PT, DPT demonstrated several stretches that will help prevent arm pain on and off the field!
- And if you’re working for the holiday season, Christy Loo, PT, DPT illustrated the proper desk-positioning mechanics so you don’t get beat up by your desk (literally!).
Diet & Nutrition
Everyone loves to eat and drink—especially towards the end of the year during all the holidays! Thankfully, our physical therapists crafted several blogs to help satisfy our cravings the healthy way!
- Charles Wang, PT, DPT, busted the myth that dieting means having to eat less (meaning you can still enjoy your favorite holiday foods—just in moderation!)
- Chase Everwine PT, DPT instilled the importance of keeping hydrated throughout the day in order to improve bodily functions and overall health.
- And Christy Loo, PT, DPT, showed us that even the most unlikeable foods can be delicious… AKA brussels sprouts!
Fitness & Exercise
When it’s cold outside, it’s still important to get that workout in—even if it’s just for 30 minutes.
- Jason Wong, PT, DPT, explained the role running has when it comes to osteoarthritis (and how you can still do it!)
- Christy Loo, PT, DPT reminded us about the importance of maintaining motion throughout the day in her blog.
- Jonathan Lowell, PT, DPT, NSCA-CPT, gave us some great exercises to do in order to steer clear of the holiday weight gain.
- And Charles Wang, PT, DPT, busted the myth that great workouts don’t always require cardio machines!
Kick start the new year happy and healthy with these wellness tips!
- Libbie Chen, PT, DPT wants you to make sure you take a quick walk after your holiday eats to keep your body active!
- If you’re thinking of traveling soon, Christy Loo, PT, DPT highly recommends planning a visit to Little Lakes Valley! Also be sure to wear your hair down while driving to prevent any traveling neck pains.
- Charles Wang, PT, DPT, stressed the importance of maintaining a healthy work-life balance and busted the myth that looking good doesn’t actually equate to feeling good.
- Chase Everwine, PT, DPT, gave great advice when it comes to choosing the best pair of shoes for your next outdoor adventure!
- And if you’re planning to participate in a race or marathon, Robin Bewley, PT, DPT, OTR/L, DPT explained the necessity of consulting a physical therapist before and after your big day.
At CBPT, our number one goal is to help you and your loved ones live pain free! Check out these Fall 2017 Pain Relief blogs so you can alleviate your pains and get back to doing the things you love.
- If you have a lacrosse or tennis ball at home, Danielle Fleming, PT, DPT CSCS, showed us how simple (and common) household items can substantially reduce pain!
- Jason Wong, PT, DPT, authored an awesome blog about the many other bodily conditions physical therapists are capable of treating (you don’t want to miss out on this one!).
- And Cindy Kimmi Dao, PT, DPT, CSCS demonstrated seven key stretches to help eliminate your roadside travel pains!