Winter Wrap-Up: CBPT’s Winter FavoritesMarch 19, 2018
As we bid farewell to Winter and get ready for Spring, let’s take a look back to some of our Winter blog posts on LIFE+!
Winter 2017-2018 was filled with great blogs authored by our very own physical therapists. These blogs were created with you in mind, in order to help you live your best life!
Here’s a recap of our favorite Winter moments!
Luckily, our physical therapists crafted some awesome blogs to help keep us pain-free during our every day activities!
- Danielle Fleming, PT, DPT, gave us some tips on how to maintain proper form during our bench press workout.
- Charles Wang, PT, DPT, explained how single-sport training actually increases the risk of sustaining injuries.
- David Luckett, PT, DPT, demonstrated key exercises to prevent the pesky numbness & tingling feelings caused by inactivity.
- And Heather Takahashi, PT, DPT, showed us how to properly fit a cane so that we don’t injure ourselves further!
Diet & Nutrition
Everyone loves to eat and drink—but it’s important to do so healthily! Thankfully, our physical therapists crafted several blogs to help satisfy our cravings in ways our bodies will thank us (and not hate us!).
- Jordan Mayo, PT, DPT, a coffee connoisseur, shared her three key tips to making that cup of coffee in the morning healthier!
- Danielle Fleming, PT, DPT, told us about the foods we need to eat before and after a workout to make it the best workout yet.
- And Corinne Sun, PT, DPT, broke down the foods we THINK are healthy, and why they’re actually not (just remember—moderation is key!).
Fitness & Exercise
Winter rang in the new year, so of course we need new exercises to keep us in tip-top shape!
- Jason Wong, PT, DPT, showed us some awesome plank exercises for a strong, healthy core in addition to exercises to help improve our posture!
- Tyler Dorrel, PT, DPT, wrote about the importance of choosing the right gym to accommodate our interests, needs, and lifestyles.
- And Christina Yu, PT, DPT, demonstrated more complex planking variations to do once you’ve mastered the basic plank (try these out—you’ll definitely feel the burn!).
Start the Spring season off happy and healthy with these wellness tips!
- New season, new friend, perhaps? In her blog, Libbie Chen, PT, DPT, explained how dogs can be beneficial for your health! She also talks about how to beat jet lag so you can get back to your normal sleeping schedule after long travels.
- Be well and be happy with your loved ones! Corinne Sun, PT, DPT, gave us some healthy gift ideas your loved ones won’t stop raving over.
- And Tyler Dorrel, PT, DPT, discussed important things we need to know about our necks so we can stay healthy!
And lastly, our #1 goal is to help you and your loved ones live pain free! Check out these Winter 2017-2018 Pain Relief blogs so you can alleviate your pains and get back to doing the things you love.
- If you’ve never heard of Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), Jason Wong, PT, DPT, explains how it can be a great option for pain relief in addition to ice and heat packs!
- If you have TMJ or other jaw pains, Ann Nakagawa, PT, DPT, showed us a few simple and beneficial exercises to alleviate the pain!
- Chase Everwine, PT, DPT, delves deeper into the discussion as to how physical therapy helps alleviate bodily pains caused by other body parts, and even car accidents.
- And if you want to know more about how physical therapy can treat the different types of headaches, Margarita Gonzalez, PT, DPT, created a blog just for you.