Healthy Eats: Spaghetti SquashApril 24, 2018
0 like / 0 Comment
Pasta is one of my favorite foods, but sometimes I want to eat pasta without the guilt.
Spaghetti squash is a great low calorie, guilt free alternative to pasta. It contains many nutrients such as beta-carotene, potassium, folic acid, and vitamin A. Here is an easy and simple recipe to make this dish.
- 1 whole winter squash
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Your favorite jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb. Ground turkey
- ¼ onion diced
Instructions for Spaghetti squash:
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F while preparing.
- Cut squash in half and scrape out the seeds with a spoon. With the leftover seeds, you can toss them or roast them for a snack later.
- Drizzle olive oil on the flesh side and sprinkle salt and pepper. Place both halves flesh side down on a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Bake the squash for 40-45 minutes or until tender. You know it is ready when you can easily pierce the squash with a fork. With the fork, scrape the flesh of the squash, creating noodle-like strands.
Instructions for the sauce:
- Heat a frying pan and drizzle olive oil on the pan.
- Cook diced onions and a pinch of salt and pepper until onions are lightly browned.
- Add in ground turkey and cook until fully cooked.
- Lastly, add your favorite tomato sauce/spaghetti sauce.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.