Healthy Eats: Cedar Plank SalmonDecember 27, 2016
One of the benefits to living in Southern California is the ability to barbecue all year round!
Try out this delicious and healthy meal for the whole family. The following is a Buehler Family favorite from our barbecue!
Cedar Plank Salmon
- Salmon tastes great when barbecued, but even better when using a cedar wood plank. The cedar plank gives it a bit of extra smoky taste (and makes it easier to grill).
- Soak the cedar plank for 1-2 hours
- Season your salmon (I recommend keeping it simple & healthy):
- Sprinkle generously with salt & pepper
- Add some freshly minced garlic
- Add some dill
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice on the salmon
- Finish by adding some thin lemon slices on top
- Grill the wood plank with salmon over indirect heat until cooked
I love to grill all types of vegetables! Get creative and try new veggies that you may not normally eat. They will taste incredible coming off the grill (just ask my kids!)
My Favorite Veggies to Grill:
- Bell Peppers
- Sweet Potatoes
- Lightly toss with olive oil
- Lightly sprinkle with salt & pepper
The best part about barbecuing is that your family gets to spend time together! And even better with a healthy meal!