Why We Love Peanut Crusted ChickenJuly 26, 2016
Fried Chicken may be “finger lickin good” however the preparation of it makes it a very unhealthy choice.
Unfortunately, anything that is deep fat fried is high in cholesterol and fat (and not the good fat). Here is a delicious alternative that will satisfy that fried food craving.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup Peanuts
- 1 tsp Lemon pepper
- ¾ tsp Granulated garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
Peanut Crusted Chicken Directions
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put peanuts and spices into food processor and chop until peanuts are a fine texture.
- Meanwhile whisk eggs until they are a foamy consistency.
- Dip each chicken cutlet into eggs and then place into peanut crust mixture so that all sides are covered.
- Place all cutlets onto a baking sheet and place in the oven for approximately 20-25 min.
- Internal temperature for chicken should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve with your favorite vegetable. (This dish goes really well with asparagus.)