Healthy Eats: Chicken Soup For The Slow CookerApril 11, 2017
As the weather begins to cool (hopefully down here in SoCal) one of my favorite things to eat is soup. It is a great way to warm the body and keep comfortable during this changing season. This recipe is easy to make as well as clean up making it stress-free. The ingredients can also be substituted based on preference and tastes of those who are sure to enjoy this delightful meal!
- 2-4 boneless chicken breasts (depending on family size)
- ¾ cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water (or enough to cover ingredients in crock pot)
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 Peeled and sliced carrots
- 2 sliced celery stocks
- Ground pepper to taste
- Fresh thyme (de-stemmed)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- If carbs are in your diet add rotini noodles 1-2 cups as desired
- Place all ingredients in appropriately sized crock-pot in the order they appear in ingredient list.
- Make sure liquid covers chicken and is ½ inch to 1 inch above non-floating ingredients depending on desired amount of broth.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Shred chicken.
- Taste and add seasonings as needed.
- Serve hot straight from crock-pot.