Healthy Eats: Basil Beef Stir FryMarch 12, 2020
Quick and Easy Basil Beef Stir Fry Recipe
Looking for a quick and easy recipe to throw together after a long day at work? Most basil beef recipes ask for thai basil but sometimes that can be hard to find. I used regular basil to substitute and made my own adjustments and it turned out great. Give it a try and feel free to adjust it to your liking!
Serves 1-2 | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 30 min
|Ground beef 90% lean meat, 10% fat (can sub. for Beyond Meat for vegetarian)||1 Pound|
|Red Bell Pepper||1|
|Oyster Sauce||2 teaspoons|
|Fish Sauce||2 Tbs. (to taste)|
|Soy Sauce||2 Tbs. (to taste)|
|Salt & Pepper||2 Tbs. (to taste)|
|Green Onion||1 Stock|
|Shredded Carrots||1 C.|
|Thinly Stripped Cucumber||1|
|White Wine Vinegar||1 Tbsp.|
|Sesame Seeds||1 Tsp|
|Cooked Rice||1 1/5 C.|
1. Shred carrots and peel cucumbers into thin slices.
2. Add 1-2 Tbsp of vinegar & sesame seeds and mix carrots and cucumbers into one bowl. Let sit.
3. Chop red bell pepper, onion and green onion. Mince garlic.
4. Cook meat until browned. Take out of pan and set aside.
5. Cook red bell pepper, onion, garlic and green onion until softened. Add back in meat. Add in oyster sauce, basil, soy sauce and fish sauce. Mix until ingredients are mixed well together so the sauce is evenly covering the meat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add cooked rice to bowl, add your basil beef, then top with your slightly marinated vegetable mix!
7. Serve and enjoy 😊
It is best served with white rice but feel free to eat it alone as well. You can alter the recipe to your liking by adding more veggies or adjusting the amount of sauce you use. If you make enough, you can even bring some for lunch for the next day. Enjoy this easy recipe which will be sure to get you full!
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.