Red Quinoa Salad with Roasted Broccoli & CauliflowerJuly 21, 2016
0 like / 0 Comment
One of my go-to lunches is this red quinoa salad with roasted broccoli and cauliflower.
It’s a meal that is easy to prepare, refreshing for a hot day, and a healthy party appetizer.
The recipe makes about 4-6 servings, so it’s great for families or leftovers!
You can also add your choice of 4 oz. of lean protein on the side to round out the meal.
- 7 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup shallot (diced)
- Whisk extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and shallot in a small bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 1 1/2 cups red quinoa (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 lb broccoli crowns (trimmed and cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 head cauliflower (coarsely chopped)
- 1 medium bell pepper (yellow or orange)
- 4 oz. low fat feta cheese (cut into small cubes)
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (coarsely chopped)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450o.
- Bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil.
- Add rinsed red quinoa.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain liquid and return quinoa to pot.
- Let sit for another 5 minutes.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- While quinoa is cooking, toss broccoli and cauliflower with 2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil on a baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss again to evenly coat.
- Roast for 15 minutes (or until slightly brown).
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Add cooled broccoli and cauliflower to quinoa.
- Add bell pepper, cilantro, parsley, and feta cheese.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and mix well.