Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2015October 31, 2015
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
1 out of 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
Research has shown:
- Physical activity can help reduce the risk for cancer.
- Physical activity has been shown to reduce the risk of reoccurance and increase long-term survival rates
Physical Therapy can help with:
- Strengthening & endurance
- Lessening fatigue and anxiety
- Increasing the quality of life
- Addressing functional challenges arising from treatment
- Proactive management of anticipated side effects
- Maximizing function in areas such as balance, walking and overall mobility
- Pain Management
- Scar Tissue Management
CBPT wore pink in honor of our patients, family & friends who are fighters & survivors of breast cancer.